We follow the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Its core values are to focus on a combination of academic, personal and international learning for children worldwide, combined with innovative and exciting ways to learn.
The IPC is designed to help children:
- Learn the essential knowledge, skills and understanding of a broad range of curriculum subjects
- Engage with their learning so that they remain committed to learning throughout their school careers and their lives
- Develop the personal qualities they need to be good citizens and to respond to the changes over their lifetime
- Develop a deep sense of their own nationality and culture at the same time as developing a profound respect for the nationalities and cultures of others
- As a staff and governing body we believe that this innovative curriculum helps to prepare our children for the future
Our Curriculum also includes the social aspects imperative for lifelong learning and demonstrates the importance of children having high expectations of behaviour and tolerance towards each other.
We promote fluency and mastery in mathematics and English, a thirst for knowledge and enquiry skills through science, creativity in the arts and we embed British and Global Values in all areas of learning.
Please see below for our full Curriculum Document, covering our Intent, Implementation and Impact statements. You will also find the links to the IPC, National Curriculum and WhiteRose Maths Scheme, as well as IPC and National Curriculum coverage documents, should you require additional information.